5.07.2007
Distorted beauty



Dove: Evolution

I saw this video from Chino's MSN blog and all I can say is, "damn those image editing software!" Well it let's you change things that doesn't exist and it makes you believe otherwise. LOL

I was looking at Mike's newly bought FHM magazine and saw this featured model who also happened to appear in a "gm's blog". I won't name her coz I don't want to start a commotion. ;) She mentioned a site where she usually hangout so I went there. It so happened that there was this certain pic that's also shown at this gm blog. But there's something different. Her puson vanished! Ah yes... the magic of image editing software! You can turn an uber fat person to a super sexy model XD I am very tempted to post the two pics but again, I don't want to cause a commotion. I might, but not now haha! I'm not being mean if that's what you're thinking.... well... a bit. I am aware of my own physical "flaws" but sometimes I just can't help but make "pintas" :p

Back to the topic. Some people have low self-esteem because they think they're not "beautiful". Philippines have standardized beauty with fair skin, high-bridged nose, sexy body... do the math. These standards are abundantly found in reading materials especially in magazines, TV, billboards and internet. Which I find ironic because almost all of them are "made up".

Media affects a person's perception in almost every angle since we encounter them everyday. It's a common scene like when a bunch of kids picks on a dark-colored girl and calling her "baluga". They bear that until they grow which gives them a different outlook as far as appearance is concern. Oh don't tell me that doesn't matter coz it really does. I remember watching this late night program in channel 2, Noypi, where they made a little experiment if better looking-people have an advantage over not so good-looking people. Unsurprisingly, they do. One of the experiments was talking their way out to the police after making a wrong turn. After few pleadings, the good-looking girl was let go. It was longer for the not-so-good-looking girl.

I just hope they look (more) on what they have rather than what they don't have. Imperfection is what make things "un-boring". As one of my favorite quote say:
I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent.
~Ashleigh Brilliant

 

Bite Marks:
Post a Comment

Bite Marks: Post a Comment


« Return to me