2.11.2007
First time in Starbucks

Few days ago, 3 of my nanay's sibling came home from Canada, US, and Taiwan for my Inang's (lola) birthday. Me and nanay talked about that and decided not to go (don't ask). With that, I made plans to go Marc's place for the Dragon-Blooded (Exalted) campaign. Saturday morning Nanay called asking me to go with Tatay when they ( with my Tita from Taiwan, Tita Sophia) go back to Cainta after they finish their errands here in Cavite and at 2pm we'll be going to Guimba (in Nueva Ecija). Ugh! I hate sudden change of plans!

Mike went here to accompany me to Pasig. I introduced him to my titas and cousins when we got there. I hope he wasn't not shocked coz I would if I were in his place. That's the first thing I'm not good in socializing - meeting my bf's family. The thought makes me cringe.

Supposedly it's a 4-hour drive but it took us more or less 5 hours because we usually take wrong turns so we had to go back. And I hate our driver! It's either gigil sya sa brake and gas or he's always on secondary gear. Nakakainis!

The second I came out of the vehicle when we got there and seeing the house, old memories rushed in. The place haven't changed a bit (except now that the terrace is part of the sala and the kitchen is now bigger). Familiar (and unfamiliar) faces smiled and beamed upon seeing us. Payed my respect to my Inang and Daddy.

We spent the night at my Tito's house in Tampac because my titas and tito were still going to play card and drink afterwards. My cousins and I were too tired so we decided to sleep there. Hospitable is nice but too much of that makes me feel uncomfortable. It's like having this feeling that we're bothering them too much. Like for example, my tito's mom (technically our lola), offered us a new set of pillows because she's worried that we might find it too stiff. We told her that it's ok but she insisted. Then another cousin came in with a fan. We told him that the room is pretty cold already so no need to put on a fan. Again, he insisted. Good thing we have blankets. This one's funny. Someone asked us if we need "arinola" (think of potty trainer) and I immediately answered "WAG NA PO! OK NA PO KAMI DITO!"

Next day was extremely cold that I needed to turn off the fan. After a few minutes, I woke up because I heard loud chatting and laughing outside the room. Tita Letty went in and sat beside where I'm laying talking to my cousins. Then one by one, relatives came in, introducing their kids, "oh bless kayo sa lola nyo." I was like "can't you guys see I'm sleeping here?" Seriously, that went on for 30 minutes or so. Diana (Tita Lettys' youngest) said, "mommy biglang dumami apo mo ah!"

Back at the house, the place was filled with LOTS of people. And I mean a LOT! Everywhere you look, there were people! There are three kinds of relatives for me - relatives I know, relatives i don't know, and relatives who have familiar faces but forgot their name. I'm not even sure if they're a close relative. Sometimes when I'm introduced to them, it usually goes like "this is the cousin of your mother's tita" or something like that. I usually just nod without a clue then make mano if they're nakakatanda or say hello if they're younger. Here's another funny thing, everytime I'd bump into a relative, usually under the relative-I-know-category, the first (and always) thing they'll ask me was if I have a husband already. I only gave them 1 answer, "ayaw ko pa." In that party, I had this feeling that I was the only woman in their 20s that either doesn't have a kid or a husband. I think some of them are still on their teens.

We were tired even if we didn't do much. Plus the fact that we didn't got ourselves a decent "seat" since everybody's sitting on every chair. Me and Tophe just settled on the steps of a small stairs.

We finished the party with a family picture. I hope my tita send us a copy. We left around 5:00pm. They had their dinner to Hacienda Luisita. I only got myself a coffee from Starbucks since I ate already before we left.

Here's the funny part. Nanay asked me to accompany them and help Tita Letty buy coffee in Starbucks. While we're walking...
Tita Letty:Myla, bilhan mo ako nung bumubula ah!
Me: Oo sige. Ano bang flavor gusto mo?
Tita Letty: Kahit ano basta bumubula...


Inside, I ordered them a Grande Moccha Frap so Nanay and Tita Letty can share.
Tita Letty: *took a sip*
Nanay: *took a sip*
Tita Letty: Neneng, ang sarap pala no?
Nanay: Oo nga...
Me: Dapat lang masarap yan kasi 130 yan no
Tophe:
Diana:
Apparently, it was their first time to taste Starbucks coffee. Tita Letty said that she saw someone drinking it and thought it looks delicious. Half-empty...
Nanay: Pwede bang ihalo yung cream?
Me: Oo naman
Tita Letty: Sabi ko sayo Zenaida pwedeng haluin eh
Nanay: Kaya pala parang medyo mapait.
Me:
Tophe:
Diana:
Seriously, I've never seen them this way. Pati yata yung guard pinagtitinginan kami. It goes to show how kuripot they are and how they don't find time for liesure.

They dropped me off in Robinson's in Ortigas. Got home around 11:00pm.

 

Bite Marks:
LOLZ. natawa ako dun sa
"myla bilhan mo kami nung bumubula ah" O_o

sabon po gusto nyo? hehehe

anyway.. adv happ vale..
Bitten by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/13/07, 10:08 AM [ ]

That coffee bit was really funny baby. Let them try the White Chocolate Mocha Frap coz it seems like they'd enjoy a sweeter version. XD

Love you!
Bitten by Blogger Antherion Dureaux on 2/13/07, 10:59 AM [ ]

Post a Comment

Bite Marks:
LOLZ. natawa ako dun sa
"myla bilhan mo kami nung bumubula ah" O_o

sabon po gusto nyo? hehehe

anyway.. adv happ vale..
Bitten by Anonymous Anonymous on 2/13/07, 10:08 AM [ ]

That coffee bit was really funny baby. Let them try the White Chocolate Mocha Frap coz it seems like they'd enjoy a sweeter version. XD

Love you!
Bitten by Blogger Antherion Dureaux on 2/13/07, 10:59 AM [ ]

Post a Comment


« Return to me