1.21.2007
Exalted

We went to Marc's place to play Exalted. It's a tabletop RPG. Basically an rpg that you play on a "table" hence the name =p

It'll be my first time to play so I was a little bit hesitant but what the heck! I'll give it a shot! We we're briefed with the history (sort of) and the idea of the game. The "complicated" part are the attributes, ability, charms... stuff like that. PLUS, of course, you have to role-play your character. It was fun but I didn't get to RP that much coz I lacked sleep and I wasn't comfortable with my "chair" (my back was aching afterwards). Players were me, Mike, John and Kenneth. Game master was Marc and game assistant was Gelo. We played as the Exalted Solars and started our game when we received a letter from a "separated" comrade asking us to meet in this certian "ruins". We set out to a mine which is north of a town (think of Venice) accross the river. I played a male monk that goes by the name of Morning Breeze. I specialize in martial arts and can either fight armed or unarmed. I can move quite fast and at the same time, can parry or avoid attacks.

We started around 5 or so and ended around 12. I got home 2 hours ago as I am typing this. What I find really complicated are the computations. There are many things to consider before you can make your move. There're your main attributes, the class, mana/motes, weapons, armors, charms, number of "successes" when you roll certain number of dice, and other stuff. The result of that computation will depend on result of your action. Also, the stats of your enemy and/or the environment plays a part in the result. What I find interesting is the social combat. Although we haven't got the chance to do it, it's actually about interaction with another player depending on the situation. I guess the only time that you'll REALLY appreciate the fun in it is when you're familiar with the game and when you have LONGER time XD

I'm really sleepy now @_@

 

Bite Marks:
Post a Comment

Bite Marks: Post a Comment


« Return to me