3.20.2007
RSS 101

While waiting for my kRF to finish its patching, I'll discuss about RSS

RSS is short for several meaning.
    Really Simple Syndication
    Rich Site Summary
    RDF Site Summary
It's a web feed which basically gives subscribers an updated content like that of a blog, news or podcast. Readers or aggregators is what you use to check for new feeds. I use Google Reader but I've heard that some browsers can be a feed reader too.

To fully understand the process...

Blog --> posted a new entry --> RSS gets the new entry --> gives it to subscribers --> subscriber reads it through aggregators

How to get RSS feed? There are several websites that provides web feeds such as Feed Burner. Blogspot already provides its users a feed. Check the Atom at the bottom. Atom is another form of feed I think. To get your RSS feed in blogspot, use this link:

http://morrigan-erinyes.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

Just replace the subdomain (in this case morrigan-erinyes) with your own.

That concludes our lesson for web feed. I hope you learned something.

Oh and meet my monster. He likes scaring off small, round, green things.

 

Bite Marks:
Post a Comment

Bite Marks: Post a Comment


« Return to me